University of Aberdeen LL.B. (Hons)
University of Cambridge LL.M. Commercial & European Law
University of Edinburgh Diploma in Legal Practice
Company and commercial
Professional liability and regulation
Ross has a broad practice focusing mainly on commercial law. He has particular interests in property litigation and professional negligence.
Recent work has included:
• Commercial contract disputes
• Restrictive covenants and confidentiality (interim interdicts and dawn raids)
• Sale of goods
• Product liability
• Recovery of evidence under the Evidence (Proceedings in Other Jurisdictions) Act 1975
• Rent review
• Dilapidations and statutory repair scheme disputes
• Mobile phone mast litigation (Electronic Communications Code)
• Validity of commercial lease notices
• Service charge
• Single survey litigation
• Pursuer and defender
• Mortgage lender claims against solicitors and surveyors
• High-value claim arising from defective rent review clause
Before calling to the Bar, Ross worked for 9 years as a commercial litigation solicitor with one of Scotland's large commercial law firms.
In addition to his court appearance and advisory work, he has represented clients at mediation, third party expert determination and arbitration.